Tuesday, September 24, 2013

 Started my hunt for an apartment. There were signs like this all over the city so I thought I’d just walk around and take pictures of the numbers.
 Another place. I’m debating on whether or not to post all the pictures of the places I snapshotted. Uhg, I was a wearying process, and then calling everybody! Several numbers on the signs were wrong and the people said they weren’t renting an apartment or just hung up on me. So as you can guess, the next shots were taken on a run J Had to get out for a bit!
 This grass grows around many of the town’s outskirts and is almost three times taller than I am. The stuff is huge but the picture gives you no proportions.
 A look off to the south of the city. I love Chipiona, such a beautiful place!
 Back to apartment hunting.

 Ooo, climatizado! That means air conditioned which I’m definitely digging.


 A picture of the streets I was walking. Really not bad place to be hunting.
 This is how they mark their streets (if they mark them at all). Always a note on the side of a building.
 Alright, so this will be the last of my apartment pics but I’m tired of reminding myself about that sweaty journey through the streets of Chipiona and I’m sure your tired of seeing these random signs.
 Another pic of the streets I traversed.

 I love how everything is so whitewashed. I asked my hosts at the hostel and her husband said that it’s due to the summer heat.
 Another street shot.

 And for those who are wondering how I’m making calls in Spain let me introduce you to my new worst friend. This bad boy has the capability of completing tasks that only your pet frog is too stupid to figure out and he completes them with such rapidity that a cactus trying to grow during the dry season in the Mohave desert feels like a Husain bolt setting a PR. 
      He just makes me feel complete in this new land :-/

1.     Seriously though, since I don’t have my iphone unlocked I had to get a super cheap phone so that I could communicate here in Spain. Despite my making fun of it it’s really not a bad device and gets the job done. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates!! Keep the posts coming.
    We all really miss you here but are praying God will use you mightily for His kingdom there in Spain. "The harvest is white but so few laborers?"

    ReplyDelete