Saturday, September 14, 2013

 After I left the hostel in Málaga I had to navigate the streets and busses to get to Sevilla. Man, difficult enough just walking but add about 90-100lbs. of luggage and 35C humid weather and I was embarrassingly covered in sweat. I could't wait to get to the bus station and change my shirt :-p
 At the bus station waiting to purchase a ticket to Sevilla.
 Hahaha, this was to my left when I was standing in line. Translating it says, "where do you want to go today? Red Bull gives you wings". 
I gotta say that I am absolutely loving all this advertising in Spanish, it's so much fun to interpret everything and see how they market over here. 
 Haha, awesome bus brand. I just felt like more of a, well, MAN, riding in one of these puppies.
 A countryside shot from the bus. Those rows of trees are olives. The countryside was incredibly covered with them. Definitely the major crop in this region.
 More of the countryside. Pretty mountainous which surprised me. I thought that was more localized to the northern areas. Learn something new everyday.

 We passed a huge solar field on the way. It was pretty substantial as you can see.
 Ah sí, ¡un toro! ¡Estamos ciertamente en España!
A big bull next to the highway, most definitely in Spain :-)

 The hostel I'm staying at in Sevilla, I'll try to get more pictures of it. I'm really impressed by the facility. It's nice! And very cheap. I'm staying in a 14 person dorm which makes of an interesting experience. I went to sleep at 11:30 last night... and I was the only one in the room! People were out enjoying the night-life until like five in the morning! I could never run those hours :-P
 Pretty neat art museum near where I was staying. I don't have time to go to it but again the architecture is pretty impressive. Ah! I just love walking around the streets here!!! Everything is so quaint, so picturesque. All the streets are cobblestone and really narrow because they were originally designed for horses. 
Not a very good picture, but this is a huge cable bridge designed by Santiago Calatrava (I think). He designed so much of the modern architecture in Spain and he has a very clean, elegant looking style with lots of white cement. I saw this bridge while I was out for a run along the river in Sevilla. I gotta say as well, Spaniards are not the fastest runners. I guess growing up and running near Eugene (track town) I'm not used to blowing by people, felt like a beast here! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment