Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oh and hey, this is the second time that I've posted two posts at the same time and if you don't hit the "see older post" button you'll miss some good stuff (so highly advised that you do ;-)

 AAAAA, the magical moment has come! So my host at the hostel helped me find an apartment that’s actually really close to everything and really reasonably priced. Seriously it’s the most perfect setup ever!
So here’s the outside of the building.
 Hmm, this must be the country from where hobbits came from… Except the door’s square, maybe J.R.R. Tolkien modified that bit. 
Anyways, this is the door to get into the apartment complex.
 Here’s the hallway right after you open that door.

 Here’s my apartment door (on the right slightly ajar)

 Ah man, it turned out a bit fuzzy but wah-lah! Enter my humble abode!

 ¡El baño!

 My room! The place has two rooms actually.


 The living room! It’s a pretty cozy place really, totally great for one guy.

 AH YES!!! A stove! Say hello to lots, and lots of cooking :-D

 Hmm, that’s an interesting dishwasher…? Haha, kind of different but Spaniards keep their laundry machines in their kitchens. Huh, I guess it works.

 The second room.


 The balcony! Really nice to have but kind of too small to do anything on. You can barely fit a chair on, but it is nice to be able to step out or read in the sun directly from my room.

 A view in the other direction from my balcony.

 Who’s got an apartment ya’ll!?

 Heading back down the stairs to street level.

 To market, to market, what shall a hungry youth buy J

 Interestingly, if you want some fruit here, you bag it and then take it up to this lady at the counter to weigh and put a sticker on indicating the weight and final cost. Theeeen, you take it to the cashier and pay for it. A bit of an annoying system really, sometimes the line’s so long that you take a number, literally.

 Oh sweet chicken fillets! Yeeeeeeees!!! I’ve never been so anxious for a food product to finish cooking I tell ya.

 Cook little puppies, cook!

 The apartment complex also has a rooftop area that anyone can go up to. It’s pretty nice actually and I was up there this morning reading.


 This is the rooftop around the corner from the door. Since they don’t really do dryers here in Spain we’re supposed to hang our clothes up here.

 In the previous picture I walked forward and took this shot off to the right just to give people an idea of what this rooftop and town looks like. So gorgeous J

 Walked over to the left by the clotheslines.

 A shot of the main street from the rooftop.

Ah, and remember that phone I took a picture of on my bed at the hostel a while back? Well here’s the magical place that bequeathed to me my device. Movistar to the rescue!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Nate!! I feel like I've toured along with you! The apartment looks cozy. Will you get a roommate?
    Luv to you,
    Mamo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm going to get a roommate because the odds of getting a good one are low and getting one that's a little sour would be terrible! Naw, it's nice having my own space anyways and I'm getting to practice my Spanish enough around town and in the school :-)

      Delete