Saturday, September 14, 2013



 Walking around the city center in Málaga I came across this ruin of a fort. Very geared towards tourists, so much so that when my new found friend and I walked up to it they started a tour of it by opening the doors letting fog pour out followed by a little man dressed in period garb bidding all the tourists follow him at their own risk. Haha, so great :-)
 More pictures of the fort.
 ...
 In front of the fort there were these catacombs below the ground level, and to make them visible to the public they put this glass cone over it. A pretty sweet idea I thought.
 A statue by the waterfront in Málaga. Gives you and idea of the climate here!
 A walkway near the waterfront.
 This was also near the waterfront. Interestingly enough, this was a band lesson. There was a teacher there hollering all sorts of stuff at all these youths as they STRUGGLED to play their instruments. It was actually pretty entertaining.
 The pictures of pretty poor quality but this was an utterly useless but fascinating piece of architecture right by the port. You can't tell from the pic but those are big cement slabs above me. So I guess it provides some shade but run for cover if it rains. It was pretty unique though.
 Funky trees by the waterfront.
 This was pretty cool. I don't know for what reason, but there was this old wind-powered ship in the harbor when we were walking down there. However, this fellow had a metal hull, which I didn't know sail-driven ships ever had. I'm calling out of period but I haven't had time to look it up yet ;-)


 Walking back from the water front to our hostel was this awesome cathedral. Below is another side of it.


 This is part of the lobby of the hostel that I stayed at the first night.

A view up from the hostel lobby from where I was eating dinner. These open atriums are pretty common from what I've seen in Spain so far and I love how open they make lobbies feel. The one at the hostel I'm staying at now has long hanging plants in their atrium.
 When I was walking to the market to get some breakfast on Friday morning I looked to my right and saw this amazing cathedral! The architecture of some of these old buildings is stunning!
 Yummy, wish I had a stove in my hostel to take advantage of all this fresh fish :-p Very different presentation than we have in America. Some of the fish were really poorly cleaned and the guts were hanging out. Haha, new cultures.
Now this was looking more like breakfast. Got a bunch of peaches, tomatoes and oranges. Topped off with some raw eggs and fresh milk later on and I was one happy tourist ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment