Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The pastor's family invited me over for dinner again and when we were taking stuff out of the back to the car I found the youngest one's little worm, head rest. I had Rafael try it out for a picture lol. 
While dinner was cooking I went up on the rooftop with the pastor to hand some clothes and got some shots of the city of Rota. Man, talk about gorgeous!



The pastor starting to hang up clothes. Haha, I didn't feel like the greatest help when I finished my "ooing and ahing" and realized he was already hard at work. Can you say, TOURIST!
So they have this huge cat named Missy and this is her on the back of the couch where I was sitting. I decided to stay sat anyways that below picture transpired. 
Hahaha, I actually look pretty worried in this photo! Ah, this cat was so funny. While we were sitting there he would bat at my head and sometimes go in for a bite. Haha, ah it made my apartment feel like it was lacking something when I returned that night.
Okay, so I normally carry my lock around the top tube of my bike and thus just unlock it and wrap it around a tree or whatever other object to keep it from getting swiped. This time I did the same to go into my bank but I grabbed it in such a way that it wasn't locked to the bike when everything was all said and done. I came out of the bank to unlock my bike and was just like, "you have got to be kidding me"! So glad it didn't get swiped! 
As I was walking down one street there was this little winery off to the side. The whole place just smelled like fresh grapes! There are so many private wineries down here. Check out the "roof" in the next picture as well!
That's pretty awesome, a grape vine roof.
Ah, the first grade nativity scene!
Haha, don't you think it's a bit racist to make the black king... well... so unmistakably BLACK? I thought the setup was pretty cute.  
Daw, a card from home! Somebody's feeling special!
Okay, so I made this awesome soup but it had purple cabbage as one of the ingredients and so it didn't look like the most fabulously appetizing thing (kind of murky). True to form the teachers teased me incessantly about it asking, "what is the world are you eating now"!? Haha, one of them even told me with a grimace, "okay, you know when I mop the floor, that's what the water looks like." Ah, it actually made it more enjoyable to eat. 
This little guy, Diego, such a little stud! He works so hard in the classes and always wants to hold my hand as we walk from the upstairs class to meet his mom outside the school. This day his Dad dropped him off and when we were in the class and I was unpacking my materials I told him that his dad was a pretty handsome guy which meant that he would probably be pretty handsome as well. He promptly responded, "oh teacher, I already am." Hahahaha, oh man, about died laughing internally.
So, this little feller named José Maria asked me what was in my eyebrow, and so I told him it was a little mole from when I was born. Ha, this might be one of the things I regret sharing later but it was so funny in the moment. After I told him what it was he exclaimed with total excitement, "oh nice, I have one of those on my rump"! Alright little buddy, thanks for that bit of info :-).
So we had constitution day recently and all the kids from all the different classes met on the soccer court to reach sections of the constitution. It was cute but that document is full of some serious garbage. Basically the most liberal document you could imagine saying that everyone has the "right" to everything (health, housing, jobs, you name it). I was surprised and kind of saddened by how bad the thing was and that all these kids were being indoctrinated with this stuff.   


Some of the teachers standing at the side. 
The principle doing the introduction
Some of the little kids saying their parts of the constitution. 
Hahaha, so I think this was the hardest I've laughed over here. I was passing out worksheets during class and when I put one in front of this kid he asked, "teacher, is this an exam"? So of course I looked nonchalantly at him while still passing out worksheets and said, "yeah, you studied right"? 
Oh, oh, oh, I would have paid a hundred bucks to have the face he made at the worksheet on film!!! Hahahaha, you could almost just see his stomach sinking down to his shoes. I concealed my glee for a moment at his reaction but then José Maria who sits across from him started laughing and after a moment this little guy realized it was a prank. Needless to say he was pretty relieved. Oh, the precious moments that can be made by incorrectly wielding my teaching power ;-)
So I'm not sure what this was all about but I heard all this noise outside while I was in my flat and so I went up to the rooftop to see what the commotion was all about. Yeah, a bunch of pig and rabbit costumes dancing down the street in some sort of parade. I don't understand it, but there you have it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment