Wednesday, November 6, 2013

 This is kind of an un-descript photo but I took it while my little entourage was heading down to a meeting place in Chiclana. This last Saturday I went to the neighboring town for kind of a big get together of young people with two of the pastor’s sons and one other young person from the church. It started by a competition to see who could visit all six points on a map of the city and perform the tests at those points the fastest and best. It was pretty fun and I got a good feel for what the city was like running around its streets! It ended with a sermon in the evening.
 Hoofing it up a steep street in Chiclana.
 Man, this was a side street but seriously, you gotta love these old Spanish roads! Ah, so much character!
 Heading up a hill to our first point
 Wow! At the top of the hill there was this little temple that was just awesome. This was definitely my favorite point in the city for this little construction and also the view of the city that you’ll see behind me in the moment.
 Check out all the white buildings! I guess the province (kind of like a state) that I’m located in in Spain is nicknamed the province of white houses. In the distance in this pic you can see the city of Cádiz.



 You might have to zoom in a bit for this one but this tells what the little temple’s all about.
 Ah, soooooo much character!
 Because it was the weekend after All Saint’s Day there was a big festival going on in the town square. The main attraction were the Flamenco dancers you can see here over the crowd.
 More of the Flamenco dancers.
 Okay, so remember how I mentioned those nuts called castañas? During this time of year it’s typical in Spain to have people in public squares with these chimney furnaces on top of which they put a pot with some of those nuts inside. They roast them and sell them hot to passerby’s.
 I think this was the local courthouse. I didn’t find out for sure but it’s still a pretty neat building.

 More awesome old Europe streets. ¡Bellísimo yo digo!
 We met up in a plaza with the rest of the group in front of this church. Quite a nice piece of architecture it was!
 Sorry, another street shot. But seriously, ya gotta love the cobble stones. The quaintness just makes it fun to walk around. 

And finally we made it back to the church for an evening message. It actually related really well to what I’ve been learning in my own bible study so I was pretty blessed to have the message reiterated.

No comments:

Post a Comment