Wednesday, October 16, 2013

 Found the sweetest little café, Picoco, down by the waterfront. Reason for visiting: wifi of course. I really need to get it in my apartment but it’s expensive so I’ve been looking for other options.
 Some fancy shmancy coffee J
It was a really good price though for the quality though so I’ll definitely be making another visit.
 Aw, the other teachers at the school are so nice! I after swimming one morning I had to hustle home because I got soaked (if you remember from two posts ago) and I mentioned it to the amusement of the other teachers. One of them told me that she had an extra umbrella at home and she was going to give it to me for the rest of my stay in Spain. Here it is! A bit purple but I think we’ll get along just fine.
 Haha, the quality control guy was taking a bit of a nap at the factory I think.
 Okay, so I have no idea what I bought at the market but the person selling it told me it was pretty good. What it really reminds me of is the “apple” that’s depicted in the images of Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit. I hope this delightful moment doesn’t go south on me.
 Pretty weird thing it was. Not very juicy but very sweet
 A big pool just north of the bus station in Sanlucar de Barrameda, a town north of my Chipiona. I wanted to get a polo or two for school because wearing a dress shirt in the heat was killier and I had a coupon for a clothing shop here.

I’m a guessing they like their beer if they display their kegs in a public park J
 I wish I had gotten more pictures of the shopping center. It was enormous and very elegant. Like a really fancy mall, but as you can see not too busy in the off season.
 I thought this was interesting. It was like a gentle inclined escalator without steps. The new things I see!
 Back in town for Wednesday prayer at the church. About three more people came after taking this shot. Facing the camera from left to right are the pastor Rafael, his wife, and their son, Rafael. Looking away from the camera is Hernan, the most animated guy I’ve ever met!
So I typically give the kids a thumbs up or a high-five when they did a good job and today I decided to give the thumbs up an extra boost. Needless to say, they thought it was pretty awesome J
 Hahaha, oh man looking at this photo cracks me up. I brought squash, potatoes, and chicken to lunch (this thing was full when I arrived) and one of the teachers came in and was like, “what are you eating there”? I told her and she looked at me all incredulous like and said, “oh well we don’t eat that at this time of day.” Haha, what do you say to that!? I was like, “um, I do.”
 Walking down to the Picoco café to use their internet. A pretty day as usual.

 Okay, so are you all in for a treat of a story. I only have one key to my room and I’ve shuddered at the thought of locking it in and have taken many precautions against it happening… It finally happened. I shut the door and was like, “NOOOOOOOOOOOO”!!!! Then I stepped back and pondered what in the world I was going to do. I thought, “the rooftop”! Maybe I can jump down to my balcony.
So this picture is looking at the wall of the rooftop directly above my balcony.
A shot of the balcony


  It’s hard to get perspective but the red bricks there is the top of the wall and the yellow is a little ledge below and the railing is my balcony. It was a quite a drop and that is once skinny little balcony. I jumped over three times onto that little ledge and prepared to jump down to my balcony but I just couldn’t get the nerve up. It was such a little balcony and it was a loooong ways down to the pavement. 
 On the west side of the rooftop there was an attached building (all the buildings are touching each other here. Like the row houses in San Francisco) with a rooftop! I looked over the edge and thought I could make it. Into the air I went (or rather grabbed ahold of the wall and eased myself over).
 Once on the neighboring roof I walked around to the railing here and climbed over onto the shingles.
 Hopped from the shingles to my neighbor’s balcony and finally jiggled my balcony door open. Success! Haha, now I know what to do at least if I ever get locked out again.
 Haha, Hernan and I riding in the back of the pastor’s car on the way to Friday meeting.
 The pastor manning our vehicle.
 Haha, I got a picture of the pastor’s son Isaac from the back seat. He’s a very fun little guy J
 Oh yeah! Guess who’s cooking in the kitchen tonight!? Bought a couple beef hearts at the local market. Ah, I gotta say that there are few cuts of meat that are as good as heart. Haha, dare I say, this cow had a tender heart?
 Hernan’s little doggy. Not quite sure he’s my type but he obviously didn’t share the sentiment.
 Okay, so these some more cured hams that are such a tradition down here… but check out that price!!! Who’s going to pay 239e ($323)!? Man, that must be some quality stuff right there.

Exciting. Got to pass these out today. Says there were some kids found with head lice and we were supposed to alert all the parents. I do say my heads been a bit itchy, I bet it was me that infested the bunch ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment